This position will be located in Wentzville, Missouri.
Part-time / flexible schedule needed to cover weekend (Saturday & Sunday) shifts.
Candidates can elect to also work weekday shifts based on their availability.
Shift hours: 6am-6pm with overtime available.
Job Description :
Automotive Electrical Technicians in the Wentzville MO area.
This position is responsible for repairing electrical wiring to OEM standards, diagnosing problems with all vehicle electrical systems, repairing damaged electrical parts, and maintaining electrical repair equipment.
Roles and responsibilities:
include: on-site vehicle repair at an OEM customer's facility
• Install new vehicle wiring systems per OEM standards
• Repair and troubleshoot immobilizer and alarm systems
• Diagnose electrical issues and execute a course of action
• Provide on-site leadership with estimated time for repairs
• Repair and replace faulty wiring or electrical systems
• Service of electrical automotive parts
• Service and repair electrical systems on vehicles manufactured at the GM Wentzville assembly plant
• Maintain a clean working environment
• Complete job reports and processing paperwork
• Instruct and guide other repair personnel to improve their understanding of vehicle electrical systems and subsystems
• Present and demonst*** efficient and effective methods of diagnosing and correcting vehicle electrical systems and sub-system deficiencies
• Conduct root cause analysis to accu***ly identify the cause(s) of vehicle deficiencies
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other repair personnel by providing interpretation of vehicle electrical system architectures and schematics
• Communicate and share lessons learned with site leadership and other repair personnel on a timely basis
Required Skill Set :
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automotive electrical systems (hands-on automotive electrical diagnostic and repair experience is required)
• Advanced knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems
• Ability to work in confined vehicle spaces
• Complex problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work standing or in a crouched position for extended periods
• Ability to distinguish subtle color variations
• Demonst***d knowledge of automotive systems from an advanced diagnostics perspective
• Ability to read and interpret a digital multimeter, OEM diagnostic scan tool and other automotive related diagnostic test equipment
• Ability to effectively conduct one-on-one and small group discussions
• Ability to interpret early engineering level electrical schematic diagrams
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• ASE Certified in Electrical/Electronics or State equivalent
• Valid Driver's License
Education Qualification :
Associates Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology, Auto Dealer/Aftermarket Certificate(s) or other related discipline. Desired skillset is an Auto Technician/Auto