Senior Data Architect (Cloud-AWS)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States | Posted: 5/31/2023
|| $ 86.19
|| $ 78.35
Long Term Contract - will go past the 18 months. There is no tenure cap. Must sit in EST or CST hours and be able to start day at 8:30 AM EST. Mandatory and this is part of your requirements to confirm with candidates prior to sending.
Title: Senior Data Architect
Location: Remote – EST Hours (8:30 AM EST standing meeting)
Duration: 18+ months
Target Start Date: June 19, 2023
Senior Data Architect
The Commonwealth of PA is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join its team of analytics professionals to support its PA Longitudinal Data System (LDS) data integration services as well as system deployment and management efforts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data architect who enjoys designing and building data systems from the ground up. The Data Architect will support our application developers, data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure an optimal data delivery architecture that is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. They must also be comfortable with supporting data conversions associated with system modernization and/or replacement efforts. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building and optimizing the Commonwealth’s longitudinal data architecture to support our next generation of data initiatives.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, data lakes, data warehouses, and data products
- Define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, reference data, master data, and security for the PA LDS environment
- Define reference architecture, which is a pattern others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Define full life cycle of data process flows (data origins, organizational data flows and functions, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition)
- Create procedures to ensure data accuracy, quality, timeliness, availability, and accessibility
- Create and implement data management processes and procedures
- Collabo*** with other teams within the organization to devise and implement data st***gies, build models, and assess shareholder needs and goals
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to retrieve data
- Define and deploy large, complex data environments that meet functional / non-functional business area requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and minimum 10+ years of data/database background including 5+ years acting as a Data Architect.
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of cloud based data services in AWS such as ECT, Glue, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Must have real-time data streaming experience with Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka or similar..
- Strong data management skills to collect, store, and use data in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Experience in system development life cycle, project management approaches, and requirements, design, and test techniques
- Experience in established and emerging data management and reporting technologies with knowledge of columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Architect role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to build scalable systems for handling big data
- Experience using data modeling tools like ERWin or Visio to visualize metadata and database schemas and/or architectures
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with data integration services solutions from vendors such as Informatica, MuleSoft, Talend, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based data services such as AWS (EC2, Glue, EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, R, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Required Skills : SEE REQUIREMENTS IN JOB DESCRIPTION AND FOLLOW. CANDIDATES WHO DON'T MEET THE EXPECTATIONS WILL BE FLAGGED AND SENT TO VENDOR MANAGEMENT.
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills : Long Term Contract
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Selling points for candidate :Long Term Contract
Project Verification Info :SOW/PO Exhibit A Client Letter
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :No
Exclusive to Client :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :No
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set :Yes
Type of project :Development/Engineering
Master Job Title :Architect: Data BI
Branch Code :Philadelphia
Indotronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer