HR Business Partner
slough, Langley, Berkshire, United Kingdom | Posted: 2/2/2024
HR Business Partner - Join Our Aviation Team!
My Avionics client is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic HR Business Partner to join their dynamic leadership team. As a key member at their new Berkshire Langley site, you will play a crucial role in providing professional HR direction and support. Your primary focus will be to offer guidance on employee performance, conduct, absence management, and recruitment campaigns. You will lead talent development and succession planning, driving our performance culture to new heights while ensuring compliance and best practices.
You will work 8 - 4 pm Monday – Thursday & 8- 3.30pm on Fridays
- Lead recruitment efforts, including job description development, interviewing, and ensuring headcount remains on target.
- Hybrid 4 days on site 1 day working from home.
- Collaborate with leaders to create skills matrices and training plans.
- Oversee talent development and succession planning, ensuring successors and development plans are in place for key roles.
- Manage the Goodwill committee to organize charity and community fundraising events.
- Collect market data to evaluate competitiveness for salary reviews and compensation packages.
- Collaborate with managers to address performance concerns and create a high-performance culture.
- Offer guidance on employment law and potential employee relations issues.
- Manage employee relations matters, such as dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Proactively address staff absences, recommending solutions and taking appropriate disciplinary action.
- Attend the monthly Management Business Review meeting and manage HR KPIs.
- Ensure the business operates within corporate guidelines for benefits and performance-related matters.
- Provide confidential ad hoc advice to employees.
- Interpret and advise on employment law, updating procedures when needed.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions for all roles and make them accessible to all employees.
- Develop and implement HR initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to corporate HQ in the US
Qualifications and Experience:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- 10 yrs. UK payroll experience
- Strong English language skills for constructing professional letters and documents.
- Generalist with a background in employee relations.
- Experience in a similar role with a track record of handling employee relations matters.
- Proficiency in producing HR metrics.
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and best practices.
- Experience in an Aviation MRO/Manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with SuccessFactors is desirable.
- Strong administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with all levels of managers and employees.
- Methodical, logical, and analytical mindset.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to handle pressure.
- Assertive, without aggression, with a strong business focus and genuine interest in people.
- Security clearance required due to the nature of the business. My client will provide this.
- You must be a 5 yrs. resident of the UK to qualify for security clearance
- Valid driving license.
- Willingness and ability to travel to other company sites.
If you are ready to further your HR career to new heights in the aviation industry, we encourage you to apply and the dedicated team. Your expertise will be invaluable in driving the business forward and achieving your and the company’s future goals.
Should you have an interest in this vacancy please contact the divisional lead email@example.com or alternatively call on 03300272792 for a discussion.
Indotronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer