Job Title: Senior Technical Accountant
Location: Urbandale Iowa 50322
Duration: 6+ Months
The Sr Technical Accountant prepares consolidated and individual financial and business-related accounting reports and analyses in areas such as revenue, operating expenses, depreciation, investment, equity earnings and income taxes. Responsibilities include preparing and analyzing consolidated and individual ten-year business plans and forecasts, providing general ledger support through the completion of journal entries, posting and reconciling general ledger, purchasing, inventory and accounts payable transactions, preparing supporting documentation and assisting in the development of accounting policies and procedures.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Function)
- Prepare and analyze consolidated and individual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement, forecasts and variance analyses for various renewables projects as assigned. (20%)
- Complete journal entries, including the transfer and posting of accounts payable and inventory transactions. Verify and prepare supporting documentation associated with journal entry preparation. Maintain general ledger detail and complete monthly reconciliations of numerous accounts and activities. (20%)
- Provide technical input by assisting and analyzing the development of the business plans and other financial models. (10%)
- Coordinate and help facilitate the year-end audits. (10%)
- Assist with researching, analyzing and interpreting accounting pronouncements and assist in the evaluation of their impact and financial reporting for management. (10%)
- Prepare consolidation of Comapny Renewables Consolidated, Company Wind and Company Solar projects in Hyperion. (5%)
- Perform maintenance of the GL module within Oracle by adding new accounts, codeblock, and validation rules and updating and running Oracle reports as necessary. (5%)
- Present results of research and analyses and provide recommendations in written and verbal presentation formats. (5%)
- Use personal computer-based systems and software to compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed to include in presentations. (5%)
- Work on special projects and develop appropriate financial models as necessary. (5%)
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (5%)
Qualifications - Internal
Bachelor's degree in accounting.
MBA and CPA preferred.
Sr Technical Accountant:
- Six or more years work experience in accounting with emphasis in financial or regulatory reporting and financial analysis.
- Accounting/finance skills to apply generally accepted accounting principles in preparing financial statements and reports.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Personal computer skills; proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; some experience with related financial software, demonstrated ability to understand and utilize computer systems.
- Leadership abilities, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- At the company we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
Indotronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer