|| $ 82.08
|| $ 74.62
Long Term Contract - will go past the 18 months. There is no tenure cap. Must sit in EST or CST hours and be able to start day at 8:30 AM EST. Mandatory and this is part of your requirements to confirm with candidates prior to sending.
Title: Senior Data Engineer (AWS/Cloud/Python/SQL)
Location: Remote – EST Hours (8:30 AM EST standing meeting)
Duration: 2 years+
Target Start Date: June 19, 2023
Senior Data Engineer (AWS/Cloud)
The Commonwealth of PA is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join its team of analytics professionals to support its PA Longitudinal Data System data integration services as well as system deployment and management efforts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our application developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. They must also be comfortable with supporting data conversions associated with system modernization and/or replacement efforts. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing the Commonwealth’s longitudinal data architecture to support our next generation of data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business area requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into voting registration, execution, and results; operational efficiency; and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Data, Design, and Support teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep data sepa***d and secure across Agency boundaries such as data centers and cloud regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing data products needed to support ongoing operations and data driven decision making.
- Work with data and analytics professionals to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and minimum 10+ years of data/database background including 5+ years acting as a Data Engineer.
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of cloud based data services in AWS such as ECT, Glue, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Must have real-time data streaming experience with Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka or similar..
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with data integration services solutions from vendors such as Informatica, MuleSoft, Talend, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based data services such as AWS (EC2, Glue, EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, R, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Required Skills : SEE REQUIREMENTS IN JOB DESCRIPTION AND FOLLOW. CANDIDATES WHO DON'T MEET THE EXPECTATIONS WILL BE FLAGGED AND SENT TO VENDOR MANAGEMENT.
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills : 2+ year assignment - remote EST/CST
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Selling points for candidate :2+ year assignment - remote EST/CST
Project Verification Info :SOW/PO Exhibit A Client Letter
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :No
Exclusive to Client :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :No
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set :Yes
Type of project :Development/Engineering
Master Job Title :Data Scientist
Branch Code :Philadelphia
Indotronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer